Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Statue



I took this picture last November in the Herrenhäuser Garten. I have been to the Garten since then to take pictures, in July, when I would have thought everything would be nicer. The plants were greener and the sun was brighter. But I found it to be much less interesting in the summer time. Everything was so green it lacked contrast. The mid-summer lighting was not as nice as that of November.

Something about the crow sitting on the head of the statue reminds me of an Edgar Allen Poe poem. I think its because the statue wants to live. There is a lot of motion in the statue, (Would it be considered Baroque, anyone know?) but the crow just defeats all of that. How that reminds me of Poe, I don't really know. But it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home